Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Home Bodies

Today is the day that our house becomes a little home again. It's gone through a lot this month and it'll be nice to have the normalcy back. First off there is the new roomie, then I was off to help out my parents for a week (which left Tracy in a bit of a frenzy with the new roomie) and now Tracy's house guest is leaving after 2 weeks of them on a mini-vacation. I love Kara and wish she lived here, but as Tracy said last night it will be wonderful to get back to normal routines. It's really weird how much Tracy and I are so similar in our daily routines, it has really worked in our favour, I've just thought I was the only daily schedule living neurotic out there.

Tonight is going to be tough. Tracy is going to be upset. Fortunately I don't have much going on and I've rarely seen her so it'll be good to sit on the couch and catch up and help her not feel so lonely.

In the meantime I have acquired some new things. A new curtain which is more exciting than it sounds. My room has been too bright and I'm finding myself feeling rather cozy throughout the entire night. It's very comforting and was made from a gifted bed sheet - free comfort! I also have a new African Violet and a mini-tree plant. I'm not sure what they are called but I've wanted one for years and could never justify spending $20+ on an ornamental plant. Plus, my previous homes wouldn't provide sufficient light for it to survive. It is oh so cute and I can't wait to trim it, it may even get a name.


Next on the list of things to do is buy some smaller pins to hang more pictures, learn to cable stitch (finally finished my circle scarf) and learn to crochet as I it looks hella easy.

The sun came out this morning and I had the most lovely ride to work. No middle fingers, no thorns or glass to pop my tires and my ipod chose the best music while on shuffle - loving the new Kills.

No comments:

Post a Comment