Thursday, December 8, 2011

Happy Birthday Diego Rivera

I knew nothing of Diego and very little of Frida Kahlo until I went to the San Francisco Museum of Modern Art in 2008 and decided at the ticket counter to pay the extra $10 to see Frida's exhibition. It blew my mind, she is amazing and because of his major influence on her life I can't help but be blown away by him as well. If you ever get the chance to see her work do it. You don't need to know anything about her because you will learn so much through her art. I fell in love with her during the allotted 30-45 minutes that I was given that day. Here are the 3 pieces that stood out the most and one in honour of Diego.
The Two Fridas
Henry Ford Hospital
The Broken Column
Diego and I

I apologise for not displaying his work on his actual birthday, but I have not taken the time to study his paintings as I still love her so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment